William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
At 09:59 AM 6/16/2005, Sander Striker wrote:

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
* The most recent tarballs have been pulled together with SVN's

 absolutely bogus default of [miscellany] use-commit-times = no
 (see your ~/.svn/config, where you can uncomment this section
 and option).

Bill, I wish you would stop calling things bogus without doing the
research why this is the default.

That's reasonable; does anyone want to point me to the thread
that justified this as the best-choice default?  [I suspect I
asked about this once before.]

I remember it was a long one, but I don't have a pointer handy
at this point.

Back to httpd land; the question is --- is this the right choice
for *our tarballs*?  Which may or may not be related to the question
above.  In any case; this is useful metadata even for end users who
build the package for the reasons I mentioned; does anyone have
a desire/justification to lose the commit dates and use the RM's
checkout date?

Note that the scripts use svn export.  IIRC that does default to use
the last commit time, but I could be wrong.

Sander