On Sep 16, 2005, at 6:19 PM, Greg Ames wrote:

I see a tiny difference from the current event MPM implementation. a new connection initially goes into CONN_STATE_READ_REQUEST_LINE. it could easily be done as drawn too...the decision was almost a toss up. but since several OSes have some sort of accept filtering in the kernel which checks for data present along with the connection, and since I rarely see connections in 'R' state, I decided to skip the overhead of an initial poll() for readability.

Thanks for catching that. I've updated diagram to reflect the current implementation,
http://www.brianp.net/work/opensource/apache/async.html

Brian