On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 11:14:13AM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> >The reason being that the current format is preventing me from checking
> >out the repos I have on my unix box, and using samba to share the
> >working copies with my windows box. That way I can check my changes on
> >the two platforms a *lot* easier.
>
> svn export --native-eol CRLF
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk
>
> What's not easy?

I only want those files in CRLF. I like to be able to use lots of
standard UNIX command line utilities on the .c and .h files, but I'll go
see how nicely having differently checkout out files within a single
repo works.

> >It would also have the advantage of making the source tarballs useful on
> >win32.
>
> Ditto, above

But we don't do that for the source tarballs.

> >The disadvantage is that people editing those files on unix will meed
> >editors that support win32 endlines, and the commit mails will
> >probably look ugly too.
>
> Yes, and, consider a .patch text file.  On Unix, if the .patch file is
> normal text (\n) and you've checked out binary crud for win32 mak
> files, the patch simply won't apply.

This is a reason.

--
Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: [EMAIL PROTECTED]