Brian Akins wrote:

A short list I have (mostly mod_disk_cache):

-read_table and read_array seem slower than they should be
-"thundering herd" when a popular object expires

Thundering herd was one of the original design goals of the new cache that was never fully followed through. With the work getting the cache to handle transfer failures gracefully, the next logical step is to solve thundering herd.

-writing out request headers when not varying

I have submitted patches for some of these in the past, but I will try to quantify the performance implications of these.

Submit them to bugzilla to make sure they do not drop on the floor, then nag this list. I will be off the air till the end of the month to have a holiday, but after that I definitely plan to get my hands dirty.

Regards,
Graham