On Apr 17, 2006, at 10:04 AM, Garrett Rooney wrote:

I suspect that a significant problem with this sort of project will be
lack of proper hardware for benchmarking purposes.  From everything
I've heard it's not all that hard to totally saturate the kind of
networks you're likely to have sitting around your house with
commodity hardware and no real effort.  To really benchmark it's going
to require more stuff than your average college student has lying
around the house.

That would be one of the advantages of it being with the ASF -- in theory we can get access to some network gear which might be harder for a student to lay hands on.

-Brian