Jim Jagielski wrote:
Paul Querna wrote:
Jim Jagielski wrote:
There is a lot of confusion where the users think that
simply adding the stickysession param to the http worker
attribute *adds* the required sticky session info (cookie).

I'm looking into adding functionality that actually
does that and therefore avoiding this large and common
misconception.
I think we should support both methods.

Yeah, in many cases, it would be easier if the LB could figure out the stickysession for me.

That's what I'm thinking, sort of like an 'autostickysession' attribute.
We could even have it default to cookies but add something like
'autostickysession=url' to force URL rewriting and adding a tag
to the end of the URL (for sites that don't like cookies)....

I don't care about sites that don't like cookies, how about that :)

-Paul