On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 01:28:57PM -0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Author: minfrin
> Date: Fri Oct 27 06:28:56 2006
> New Revision: 468373

> Log:
> mod_cache: Pass the output filter stack through the store_body()
> hook, giving each cache backend the ability to make a better
> decision as to how it will allocate the tasks of writing to the
> cache and writing to the network. Previously the write to the
> cache task needed to be complete before the same brigade was
> written to the network, and this caused timing and memory issues
> on large cached files. This fix replaces the previous fix for
> PR39380.

-1.

This breaks the abstraction between the cache providers and the filter streams.
The cache providers should not be in the business of delivering content down to
the next filter - that is the job of mod_cache.  Following this route is
completely anti-thetical to the separation between storing the cache response
and delivery of the content.

As others have mentioned, I would highly recommend that you take a step back
and come up with a design on-list first, run it through the gauntlet on dev@,
and test it before breaking carefully designed abstractions.  -- justin