I think the MSI should autogenerate a self-signed cert at least (last
thing we need is for people to deploy a static pre-distributed cert
which would make it that much easier to do man-in-the-middle attacks).

Would be great if the MSI had a choice to use an existing cert, or
generate a new one with a user supplied DN (fill-in fields for CN, OU, O
, L, ST, C), and generated a self-signed cert with that + a .csr for
sending to a Trusted Third-Party for signing.

Would also be great if there was some GUI for importing a signed cert
post-install, similar to the IIS wizard, but that's probably pushing it.

Just my $0.02,
  Issac