* Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> Thus my question is, why when Apache was updated to support HTTP/1.1
> did it just preserve the HTTP/1.0 type behaviour and not in cases
> where it could automatically apply chunked transfer encoding to the
> response, apply it?

Hmm, you may get something wrong here. The httpd does apply chunked encoding
automatically when it needs to. That is in keep-alive situations without
given or determineable Content-Length.

Why doesn't it do it in all other cases? My answer is: because it would be
useless (as in: not of any use :-).

nd
--
> [...] weiß jemand zufällig, was der Tag DIV ausgeschrieben bedeutet?
DIVerses. Benannt nach all dem unstrukturierten Zeug, was die Leute da
so reinpacken und dann absolut positionieren ...
                           -- Florian Hartig und Lars Kasper in dciwam