Hmmm... seems that - even though we've *repeated* this multiple times,
we have to state this again.  Contents of http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
are *development* tarballs and not for any distribution.

None of our many other distributors seem to have problems with this
concept, I hope Apachelounge starts to behave like a responsible
member of the community.  By now, you noticed 2.2.5 is scuttled and
2.2.6 will be rerolled.  Without an announce, /dev/ tarball builds
doesn't belong on any external site.  Since it's not an ASF release,
*you* are absorbing all the liability and risk that any released ASF
package would carry.  It's an apachelounge release, so you would
personally answer to any IP issues.  Not smart.

The ASF holds release votes for a reason, to make certain that the
release is an act of the foundation, and not individuals.  Protect
yourselves, guys.

Bill