Hi,
> I haven't reviewed the patch, but from a functionality perspective, I'd
> love to see SNI in Apache, although IMHO it's something that will need
> to be backported to far more browsers before it can be considered useful
> outside of a controlled environment...
from what I've read in other threads it seems that all recent browsers of
FireFox 2.x, IE 7.x Opera 9.x are able to work with SNI, and from an
administrator's point of view I find it perfectly ok to require usage of latest
browsers when using secured sites.
In addition its anyway entirely the administrator's choice to configure it, or
not.
Current mod_ssl code even already allows to configure it that way, but a
warning is logged when such a configuration is found. Therefore I think we
should get the patch in to allow SNI when someone needs it.

Guenter.