Nick Kew wrote:
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 17:15:02 +0100
Rainer Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

ap_hook_monitor?
As I understand the monitor hook, httpd itself also uses it. Thus letting modules do maintenance stuff in the same hook could easily
break the timing of the httpd internal tasks.

There's nothing there whose timing is critical!

Good to know.

For me at least that was the reason not to use the monitor hook for mod_jk idle connection checks.

Doesn't mod_jk pre-date the monitor hook?

Yes, but the maintenance method in mod_jk, responsible for regular cleanup stuff not directly related to single requests wasn't there from the beginning. At least I remember that I found the monitor hook, when I was looking for a nice way to do it, but decided against using it, because I wasn't sure about negative implications for httpd itself, if running the hook would have taken longer than expected.

Of course mod_jk also works for httpd 1.3, but the interface between the web server and mod_jk is version specific and we do use features in 2.x that didn't exist in 1.3.

Regards,

Rainer