Jeff Trawick schrieb:
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Ruediger Pluem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 05/20/2008 08:52 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

Do we really need to require the space in the case that the reason phrase is
empty?

No...  Both sets of code should be changed to consider the space
optional.  We just need to make sure we generate the space in our
response so some other software doesn't have to be so generous.

I attached two patches against trunk to BZ 44995, one for the status_line validation in http_filters.c and one for the test when used in error pages in http_protocol.c. Backports should be straighforward, because the code didn't change locally.

I didn't yet test thoroughly, but if you like them in principle I'll go through it.

Regards,

Rainer