Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
> If that is the reason that e.g. the Velocity site broke, I am +1 for
> rolling this back to a known stable 2.2.x version.
>
> Our production sites IMHO shouldn't be guinea pigs for -alpha versions.

We have always run -alpha versions, even with experimental MPMs on our
production web servers.

Eating our own dog food is very good, if we have developers around to
fix it.

The problem with velocity's site is an interaction between mod_deflate,
mod_include, subrequests and directory indexes.  In production, we are
still running 2.3.0-alpha, but I have disabled mod_deflate, which seems
to work as a work around for now.

Hopefully in the next day we will have a patch to fix it.

Thanks,

Paul