William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

The mod_fastcgi implementation has the following terms;

  Open Market permits you to use, copy, modify, distribute, and license
  this Software and the Documentation solely for the purpose of
  implementing the FastCGI specification defined by Open Market or
  derivative specifications publicly endorsed by Open Market and
  promulgated by an open standards organization and for no other
  purpose, provided that existing copyright notices are retained in all
  copies and that this notice is included verbatim in any distributions.

  No written agreement, license, or royalty fee is required for any of
  the authorized uses.  Modifications to this Software and Documentation
  may be copyrighted by their authors and need not follow the licensing
  terms described here, but the modified Software and Documentation must
  be used for the sole purpose of implementing the FastCGI specification
  defined by Open Market or derivative specifications publicly endorsed
  by Open Market and promulgated by an open standards organization and
  for no other purpose.  If modifications to this Software and
  Documentation have new licensing terms, the new terms must protect Open
  Market's proprietary rights in the Software and Documentation to the
  same extent as these licensing terms and must be clearly indicated on
  the first page of each file where they apply.

I'd call that a category X license, submission denied.

  So far as I know -- I'll check with the author -- mod_fcgid
is a completely separate implementation from mod_fastcgi.  I don't
know of any generally shared or derived code, but I will check.

  The exception, I think, might be the FCGI protocol itself, which
specifies the byte-level structure of the headers that are passed
back and forth during communication with FCGI application processes.

  This definition lives in fcgi_protocol.h in both mod_fastcgi,
and appears in very similar forms in both mod_fcgid's fcgi_protocol.h
and also httpd's modules/proxy/fcgi_protocol.h.  Look for the fcgi_header
or FCGI_Header structure, and the various FCGI_* #defines for type
values, roles, etc.

  It's a little hard for me to see how alternate implementations of
the FastCGI spec could get away without doing something like this at
a minimum, though.

Chris.

--
GPG Key ID: 366A375B