On 03.01.2009 02:50, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Rainer Jung wrote:
On 03.01.2009 02:02, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
rj...@apache.org wrote:
Author: rjung
Date: Fri Jan  2 16:58:11 2009
New Revision: 730881

Log:
We need to link only ab against libm (because of
sqrt()).
Uhm - sure that mod_status and a few others didn't also need this
on some platforms due to double/float arithmetic (statistics?)
It's always hard to be sure for all platforms, but at least it works on
Solaris and Linux, and I can't find any libm symbols in mod_status.

The floats there are only used in simple divisions and printf.

As I understand it, Windows builds are not influenced by these changes,
because they use a separate build apparatus?

Correct, but if I remember right, manipulating long long's into doubles
on solaris 8 and several other operating systems involves libm stub helpers.

That's the platform I do most tests on. I compiled all trunk modules and could load them, so no missing symbols.

I do the same change regularly for 2.2.x, so I know it works there to (but didn't test there with all more exotic modules).