On 04.01.2009 17:57, Rainer Jung wrote:
When the content file gets opened, its cleanup is correctly registered
with the request pool. Later in core_filters.c at the end of function
ap_core_output_filter() line 528 we call setaside_remaining_output().

2.2.x has a different structure, although I can also see two calls to
ap_save_brigade() in ap_core_output_filter(), but they use different
pools as new targets, namely a deferred_write_pool resp. input_pool.

And the code already contains the appropriate hint:

static void setaside_remaining_output(...)
{
        if (make_a_copy) {
            /* XXX should this use a separate deferred write pool, like
             * the original ap_core_output_filter?
             */
            ap_save_brigade(f, &(ctx->buffered_bb), &bb, c->pool);
}