Oups, need to clarify.

On 18.01.2009 16:48, Rainer Jung wrote:
During startup or after restart we go through ap_open_logs() and thus

restart -> restart of httpd

after startup or restart, the write side of the original pl is closed
and the pipe is written to via the duped FD in stderr.

More precisely ap_open_logs() calls open_error_log(), which returns
ap_piped_log_write_fd(pl) in s->error_log, and after return
ap_open_logs() calls apr_file_close(s_main->error_log) is s==s_main.

is -> if

When killing the logger, piped_log_maintenance() gets called. It can now
not simply use pl, because the write side has been closed before in
ap_open_logs().

I tried to keep the startup behaviour during restart, so I dup stderr to

restart -> restart of a killed logger

the write side in the maintenance function, spawn and close the write
side again.