On 19.01.2009 18:33, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Rainer Jung wrote:
I built trunk on XP today. When trying to run it, I get a restart loop
for the child process, and the error log contains repetitions of:

[Sun Jan 18 19:20:43 2009] [notice] Child 4556: Starting thread to
listen on port 8000.
[Sun Jan 18 19:20:43 2009] [error] (OS 10038)Ein Vorgang bezog sich auf
ein Objekt, das kein Socket ist.  : Child 4556: Encountered too many
AcceptEx faults accepting client connections. Possible causes: dynamic
address renewal, or incompatible VPN or firewall software.

I'd love to know what leads into this WSAENOTSOCK ... failing to recycle
the socket or the listener socket falling apart.  Needs review, maybe some
extra magic to log this distinction.

The "falling back on 'none'" is going to be a problem till I finish that
code this week.  I'm actually attacking two problems, having each listen
thread pay attention to up to 62 different sockets, and adding the required
classic accept() logic.  So... this listener may be accepting on both the
classic listen logic and the AcceptEx logic on different listeners at the
same time.

Restructuring the code is a little painful, but I should get through this
by the end of the week.

Curiosity, XP SP? -- and did you tweak apr.h(w) to enable IPV6?

Since it is my first trunk build on Windows (and  don't have VC6), I
could have well made a mistake. Just wanted to let you know the result,
in case you get the same.

Yes; there is more work to be done here.  But thank you for the notes and
I don't believe there is any difference here for VC12 vs. later compilers
or c runtimes.

Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP 3, regular MS Update patches applied. APR_HAVE_IPV6 is defined to be "0", I can rebuild and retest with "1" later this week if that change is interesting.

I have Visual Studio .NET 2003 on the system, So I could attach the debugger and inspect data structures easily, if that's interesting.

Version used for build:

httpd r735283
apr 1.3.x r735290
apr-util 1.3.x r735291
apr-iconv 1.1.x r735291

zlib 1.2.3
openssl 0.9.8j
pcre 7.8

I did the build using Visual Studio by first converting the dsp files. Before converting them, I applied cvtdsp.pl (and had to convert line ends on some of them). Including a recent pcre into the build was a bit tedious, but no other changes were needed.

Regards,

Rainer