2010/12/28 Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>:
> Hey folks,
>
> I'm looking for some inspiration on how to make good use of
> mod_lua. Those familiar with its documentation, might find
> it a little bit lacking in this regard.

My original aim (and what I still use mod_wombat for) is various small
modules I don't want to be bothered using C for, but which need to run
in a threaded MPM (making mod_python/mod_perl not viable options).

Auth against a remote service, interaction with shared memory for some
other things on the box, graylisting access control, etc.

I know it has also been used in the wild for browser sniffing for
mobile devices, which means updating things frequently.

A very nice use case I have seen is basically using it as the initial
impl for things that will eventually become conventional C modules,
once the functionality is understood and stabilises enough to make it
worth it.

-Brian

-Brian