On March 18, 2011 18:07 , "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
It seems like mod_fcgid has made huge progress and is now in a much
more stable bugfix epoch of it's life, similar to how mod_proxy had
progressed when development was kicked out of core for major http/1.1
rework, and brought back in when a vast percentage of it's bugs had
been addressed.

Do we want to introduce mod_fcgid now into httpd 2.3.x for the next beta?

For what it's worth, on the systems I'm deploying, I'm using mod_proxy_fcgi and putting in as much effort as necessary to fix any bugs, add features I need to it, etc., simply because mod_proxy_fcgi is a core module, while mod_fcgid is not. If mod_fcgid were in core, I may have wound up putting the effort there instead. (I say "may have" because I've come to think that mod_proxy_fcgi is actually a better choice for my particular needs, anyway).

--
  Mark Montague
  m...@catseye.org