On June 8, 2011 20:11 , Igor =?utf-8?Q?Gali=C4=87?= <i.ga...@brainsware.org> wrote:
One of the many good suggestions they propose is to have a
"Patch Manager" - someone who makes sure that patches
submitted via Bugzilla or directly to the list don't get lost
in the noise and that people get some feedback, even if it's
just a one liner like "Thanks, we're looking into this",
"Nope, that's really not in our scope", etc...

Committers, is there anything that list/community members could do to pitch in and help? What, if anything, would be useful and accepted? For example, is there a list of things you'd like to be done before you commit a patch, and are there parts of that list that could be delegated to one or more non-committer janitors? I'd be willing to try and help (for example), if such help would be useful.

Big thanks to Igor for his message, his suggestions, and recommending the "Open Source Projects and Poisonous People" talk. What Igor says has been bothering me for a while, too.

--
  Mark Montague
  m...@catseye.org