On Jun 29, 2011, at 10:30 AM, André Malo wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 June 2011 15:39:32 Igor Galić wrote:
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> I would like to add an svn:externals for
>>> docs/manual/build in trunk - any concerns?
>
> There was a lot of discussion about that in the past (about once every year,
> think). I don't have a strong opinion about either way, just pointing it out.
>
> IIRC the argument against it was that not every developer should need to load
> the tons of jar files. Thatswhy we provide the doc build tools as a separate
> package in the download directory.

[rbowen@Rocinante:apache/httpd-trunk]$ cd docs/manual

                    (06-29 10:38)
[rbowen@Rocinante:docs/manual]$ du -ksh build

                    (06-29 10:38)
 13M    build
[rbowen@Rocinante:docs/manual]$ cd ../../

                    (06-29 10:38)
[rbowen@Rocinante:apache/httpd-trunk]$ du -ksh ./

                    (06-29 10:39)
249M    ./
[rbowen@Rocinante:apache/httpd-trunk]$ perl -le 'printf( "%.02f%%\n",  13/249 *
100 );'
                    (06-29 10:42)
5.22%

Doesn't seem like it's a terribly significant addition.

--
Rich Bowen
rbo...@rcbowen.com