I'm looking into updating the JMeter release instructions to use the
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/ repo.
AIUI you use dev/httpd/ for vote staging, and then rename the files to
release/httpd/

The documentation [1] says:

*How do we make it public?*
The release tarballs and signatures can be svn mv'ed from the
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpd/ repository across to the
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/httpd/ repository.
<<

I've tried using svn mv directly on a test repo (i.e. not using a
workspace), and it does not seem to be possible to move multiple files
at once.

Can I ask for a bit more detail on how you actually do the move?

I want to ensure that we preserve the history to show that the
release/ files are derived from the dev/ files; this ties them back to
the vote thread.

Thanks!

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html