On 13.02.2012 14:56, Jim Jagielski wrote:
The 2.4.1 (candidate) tarballs are available for download and test:

        http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/

I'm calling a VOTE on releasing these as Apache httpd 2.4.1 GA.
NOTE: The -deps tarballs are included here *only* to make life
easier for the tester. They will not be, and are not, part
of the official release.

   [ ] +1: Good to go
   [ ] +0: meh
   [ ] -1: Danger Will Robinson. And why.

Vote will last the normal 72 hrs.

Out of tree build with "included" apr is broken.

The new configure check

if test "x$with_included_apr" = "xyes"; then
  apr_found=reconfig
  if test ! -d srclib/apr; then
as_fn_error $? "Bundled APR requested but not found at ./srclib/. Download and unpack the corresponding apr and apr-util packages to ./srclib/." "$LINENO" 5
  fi
else

only works, if there is a srclib/apr underneath the build directory. For out of tree builds this is not true. I guess it should be "$srcdir/srclib/apr".

Is this critical? It is not a problem if building in tree or using an external APR.

Regards,

Rainer