Being a new committer and, basically, just a documentation committer, I feel that I must bring this before the dev@ list before proceeding any further. There appears to be a mismatch between the mpm defaults in the configuration and the documentation surrounding it as well as the header definitions. An example is the worker and event mpm, where the configuration defines them so:

  StartServers             2
  MinSpareThreads         25
  MaxSpareThreads         75
  ThreadsPerChild         25
  MaxRequestWorkers      150

However, in both the documentation and the headers, these values can be read or calculated as:

  StartServers             3
  MinSpareThreads         75
  MaxSpareThreads        250
  ThreadsPerChild         25