2012/4/17 Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>:
> Hi Tom,
>
> some constructive criticism, if you so allow:

Thanks, I don't actually have a problem with my config. The OP
questioned whether my cut-down version of the config actually did use
different ServerRoot, etc, so I posted a more complete example.

> I can see a lot of repetition here, you might
> profit a lot from mod_macro

No thanks! I prefer a little repetition over magic and indirection.

> [snip]
>>     <LocationMatch ^(?!/errors/)>
>>         SSLRequire %{SSL_CLIENT_VERIFY} eq "SUCCESS"
>>         SSLVerifyClient optional
>>     </LocationMatch>
>
> It seems sensible to set this in server context, so you
> don't have to repeat it over and over again.

Those three are not the only vhosts, and the alias is not relevant
outside those three vhosts.

Cheers

Tom