I'll be a bad boy and top-post on this reply, as well as add dev@ to the
list of recipients.

In docs@, we have been discussing the possibility of adding comments to
the various pages in our documentation. As the discussion has
progressed, we have settled on the idea of trying out Disqus as a
commentary system for the documentation, and I have authored a proposal
on the practical implementation of this.

As this is a rather large change to the documentation (if passed), Eric
Covener advised me to notify both mailing lists as well as give a bit
more information on how exactly this will work and why we felt it was a
good idea to try out a commenting system. That information is located at
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/DocsCommentSystem

We have, to give it a test spin, rolled out these proposed changed to
the rewrite section of the trunk documentation,
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/rewrite/ (do note that the
mod_rewrite reference document is NOT a part of this test), and we'd
very much like you to review these changes and let us know what you
think of this solution. If everybody is happy about it, we can try to
roll it out on a bit more pages, and see how it is received by the
general population.

So, I am calling a vote on whether or not to proceed with rolling out
this test to a portion of our trunk documentation for further testing.

[+/-1] Add commentary system to the trunk documentation.

With regards,
Daniel.