On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 07/18/2012 05:49 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>

>> Is it possible that this results in flaky behavior depending on
>> third-party software installed?
>>

> Well, MSDN clearly states:
> <quote>
> Note: The function pointer for the AcceptEx function must be obtained
> at run time by making a call to the WSAIoctl function ...
> </quote>
>
> If I understand English grammar correctly *must* is something
> you can't interpret at will.
>
> However whether this is a reason for a flaky behaviour or not
> is a question. But in any case the statement "must be obtained"
> is a pretty clear.

Yeah, I agree completely on "must", and I'll try to fix that Real Soon
Now.  On the rest, I was just mumbling that I saw a potential
connection between an API that (unexpectedly) you are supposed to
obtain dynamically and past reports of failures in the use of that API
in some configurations supposedly involving third-party software that
developers can't readily reproduce.  (unclear to me how much of this
is urban legend)

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/