On 22 Aug 2012, at 22:25, Daniel Gruno <rum...@cord.dk> wrote:

>> Would your concept meaningfully generalise beyond application-level filters?
>
> I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, could you elaborate?
> If you want some more sophisticated examples of what could be achieved with
> Lua filtering, I'd be happy to provide some more details on how this concept
> could be utilised.

I don't know if this is another way of phrasing Nick's question or not, but
would I be able to implement gzip Transfer-Encoding: just using Lua and this
new directive?

I found (bug 52860) it a bit tricky to achieve in C, so I think it could be
harder still with the extra limitations of the Lua environment. My C code uses
AP_FTYPE_TRANSCODE which I think is the right choice but few modules get
involved at this filtering stage.

--
Tim Bannister – is...@jellybaby.net