On 10/02/2012 01:01 PM, Jan Kaluža wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure who has done original ./docs/icons/apache_pb2.* icons, but
> I think they should be updated to show 2.4 version for httpd-2.4. We are
> using that icon in default index.html in Fedora and it would be really
> nice to see version 2.4 there instead of 2.2.
>
> I can probably try to fix the icon myself, but I'm pretty bad at
> graphic, so I hope the original author still reads this mailing list.
>
> Regards,
> Jan Kaluza
Yes, this does seem to be something that needs fixing.
I'm not the original author (t'was way before my time, back in 1999),
but what I can do is approximate the original logo (I don't know which
fonts were originally used) and create an SVG version of the powered-by
logo:

SVG version: http://www.humbedooh.com/apache/poweredby.svg
PNG version: http://www.humbedooh.com/apache/poweredby.png

The SVG version uses the "new" feather instead of the old, but that
should really only be a plus, since we'll have a logo we can maintain
and reproduce as we see fit.

If people are content with this suggestion, I can turn it into png/gif
images and put them in the docs folder in trunk as well as the svg
version. Or if the original author still has the original material,
he/she can make the necessary changes, I'm fine with whichever it is.

With regards,
Daniel.