On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I will revert the changes done with:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?**view=revision&revision=1332643<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1332643>
> after 72 hours if nobody is going to fix the stuff properly for Windows
> since I'm tired of always copying mod_ssl over from 2.4.x branch in order
> to get a working mod_ssl with trunk.
>
> Reasons:
> 1) within last 12 months there was no attempt made to fix the issues which
> wrowe mentioned in this thread [1] - instead discussion died
> 2) a suggestion to fix the issue [2] was not applied due to the concerns
> wrowe brought up, and to which I agree.
> 3) the same issue also causes a stalled backport in 2.2.x STATUS [3] for
> the last 12 months
>
> [1] http://mail-archives.apache.**org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/201302.**
> mbox/%3C20130205115224.**33547872@hub%3E<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/201302.mbox/%3C20130205115224.33547872@hub%3E>
> [2] http://mail-archives.apache.**org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/201302.**
> mbox/%3C510D8293.8010103@gknw.**net%3E<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/201302.mbox/%3c510d8293.8010...@gknw.net%3E>
> [3]
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?**view=revision&revision=1333501<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1333501>
>
> I believe that one year in trunk without further review is long enough,
> and if someone wants to continue working on it its easy enough to checkout
> the last revision before removal.
>
> Gün.

NPN is pretty important, but I understand the frustration at having to deal
with this in its incomplete state.

I promise to post a patch (or just commit if it is as trivial an issue as
it sounds) in the next week to fix the hard link between core and ssl.
 Maybe I'll mess with the AP->SSL hook issue too.

(Yeah, I know this is a rather uninspiring promise but I'm busy ;) )

How close does that get you to goodness on Windows, and may I presume
there's no desire to revert as long as progress is being made?

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/