On 30 Jun 2013, Guenter Knauf observed;

> it seems a bit odd to me that we now roll the 2.0.65 final without having
> APR/APU
> picking up latest fixes [1][2], making this release hanging around for ever
> bundled
> with APR/APU 0.9.x versions which lack latest stuff:

And in six months, some other thing will have changed, and whatever code
is sitting
around 'forever' will be equally stale.  I am not at all concerned
whether APR 0.9 is
released again or not since folks had years to take that up in our
discussions of
putting httpd 2.0 to bed, yet nobody so much as suggested a release,
nevermind some
volunteer to act on it.  APR 0.9 is effectively retired already, and APR
1.0 was
released how long ago?

If someone at the APR project wanted to tag and roll 0.9.x (even
designating it 'final'
if that was the group's desire) that would be something for that project
to work out).
So far as I'm concerned, this httpd release is already long out-of-date,
and is simply
a polite way of offering one last bit of wiggle room for users who still
haven't, and
still will need to migrate to 2.2 as soon as reasonably possible, unless
their httpd
instances aren't actually accessible through untrusted networks or by
untrusted users,
such as the internet.  Whether it fixes every last issue of any
particular category
doesn't worry me.

The package 2.0.65 is tagged and our packages are never 'revisioned'
after the fact,
so there is no way to change the embedded versions.  That is the
blessing of dropping
embedded apr libraries with the 2.4.x family of releases.  So without
dumping and
rerolling and testing another release, we can't really accomplish what
you suggest.

As far as a release vote for apr 0.9, you would want to take that up
with dev@apr.
As far as this package goes, I count 3 +1's and will add my +1 when I
announce the
results, but 1) I'm on vacation and 2) it's now the 2nd half of 2013,
years after we
replaced 2.0 with 2.2, so I'm unwilling to do anything further with the
2.0.x source
branch (including test another release candidate), other than helping
wordsmith our
end-of-2.0 consensus communications, and  leave this image hanging on my
office wall
for posterity...  http://www.gocomics.com/foxtrot/2005/01/11/

Please let us know whether you are personally taking on some 2.0.66
release project,
or if you have concurred with the group consensus to let this story end
as of Jun 2013.
I'd like to avoid yet-another-vote over something the group has clearly
and repeatedly
expressed consensus over.