On 01/22/2015 12:22 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 16:28:46 -0600
"William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 23:00:10 -0500
Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 4:34 AM,  <jkal...@apache.org> wrote:

+            /* core_dir_config is Directory*, but the requested
file is
+             * not a directory, so although the regexp could
match,
+             * we skip it. */
+            if (entry_core->d_is_directory &&
r->finfo.filetype != APR_DIR) {
+                continue;
+            }
+
              if (ap_regexec(entry_core->r, r->filename, nmatch,
pmatch, 0)) { continue;
              }

I think this is broken.

You are correct, I don't think it means what the author thought this
code means.

Indeed, it was nonsense.  The fix begins with some code similar to
[attached] but there are a number of shortcuts in the code that would
need to be accounted for by expanding the dir_len at the appropriate
time.  The patch is also insufficient in that the r->filename buffer
needs to be at least one extra byte to compensate for the 'maybe a
trailing slash, maybe not' on a final directory component in a file
name.

Hi,

you are both right, sorry for the patch. I will revert it from trunk (if not already done by someone else). That part of httpd looks more complicated that I thought previously.

Jan Kaluza

That said, I'm putting this out there to get folks thinking, I can't
spend much more time on it myself, today.

Cheers,

Bill