* Eric Covener wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 4:05 PM, André Malo <n...@perlig.de> wrote:
> >> There are lots of non-mod_proxy modules that act as a proxy of one
> >> sort or another -- shouldn't we just respect their date header if they
> >> issue one?
> >
> > Hmm, I'm actually wondering why. And which ones would that be?
>
> Java application servers like WebSphere and WebLogic provide Apache
> modules like this.  I don't know how to address the "why", I just want
> to remove the special treatment for mod_proxy / r->proxyreq and only
> set a Date if one wasn't provided by the handler.  The user I was
> working with didn't fully understand how how his software re-used the
> value in the Date header as sent in the handler.

Uhm, I have no real idea about those, but are they not integrated with the
proxy framework? ajp?

However, I always saw this Date header handling as a way to enforce RFC
compliance (e.g. to overwrite Date-headers in mod_asis handlers and crappy
backends). Wrong Date headers may have a huge impact, as I see it.
But then, maybe I'm overrating that.

nd
--
s  s^saaaaaoaaaoaaaaooooaaoaaaomaaaa  a  alataa  aaoat  a  a
a maoaa a laoata  a  oia a o  a m a  o  alaoooat aaool aaoaa