Hi,

we have ap_errorlog_provider in the trunk for some time. I was thinking about extending it to mod_log_config, so CustomLog/TransferLog would work with any module providing error_log logging ability like mod_syslog or mod_journald.

Attached patch does that by introducing CustomLog "errorlog_provider_name:arg" syntax, which should be backward compatible with the current syntax used for CustomLog.

The patch changes ap_default_log_writer_init to detect this syntax, find the provider and initialize it. It also changes ap_default_log_writer to detect initialized provider and use it to log the message

I would like to see that feature in the trunk, but since this changes the syntax little bit, I will wait a bit for other opinions if any.

Regards,
Jan Kaluza