On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 2:10 PM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> One final note:
>
> The reason I brought all this up is that right now, using mod_status
> for actual automated status checking is downright painful. At
> ApacheCon, due to, I guess, me adding the mod_status hooks to
> the redis and memcache socache providers, people came up to
> me and asked when, if ever, we would support JSON in mod_status.

++1 :)

Soooooooo

> What I was hoping for was an implementation that could easily,
> and in some reasonable timeframe, be made available to our
> 2.4.x community. I don't want something that just ends up
> in trunk, to sit and languish until the day when we eventually
> decide on releasing 2.6/3.0.

Since it's written and is working just fine (and is part of the RHEL
distribution) - let's bring bmx in, then think about how to refactor
the bean data and status hooks to converge them in 2.next/3.0.
Or we can play NIH. (Especially absurd since an httpd committer
wrote the whole first implementation.)