On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 12:03 PM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> AFAICT there is no consensus. But is this really a blocker?

I don't know, expat is at 2.2.0 and PCRE is at 8.39 with significant
vulnerability
fixes (everyone seems very enamored with fuzz generators this past few
years.)

It doesn't block creation of httpd-2.4.24.tar.gz, obviously.

It does raise the question again of whether the httpd project can distribute
a source code package on www.apache.org/dist/httpd/ which is not voted
on by the project, and whether it violates the spirit of the pmc consensus
to no longer be the distributor of dependencies which frequently fall into
a poorly maintained/updated state.

So it's simply a question about the -deps package, and since that is never
given a release vote, it really isn't holding up any tag & roll.