On Dec 12, 2016 3:52 AM, "Petr Pisar" <ppi...@redhat.com> wrote:

I think the inability to build httpd against system APR and to run test
against not yet installed httpd is quite surprising.

Thanks for taking the additional time to document your experiences!

System APR does require the -devel package. That RHEL package aught to
install the .m4 logic required by httpd, but it is on us to find that in a
conventional place.

Httpd trunk is already hunting for yet unreleased APR 1.6 features, but we
should better document that.

Not yet installed httpd is a little more complex, maybe we can add an
interim apxs in the build tree to facilitate this?

Working from my hardcopy of your list once our current release effort is
finished. Again, thanks.