On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> For me, it would be moving as much as we can from
> trunk to 2.4

-1. To echo your frequent use of media to emphasize
the point, with a song nearly as old as us;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCyC1dZiN8

Next step is to actually end enhancements alltogether
against 2.4 (we've done that some time ago, security
issues notwithstanding, on 2.2), and push all of the
enhancement effort towards 3.0 (2.5-dev). Of course,
we should continue to pick up bug fixes and help those
still on 2.4 have a good day.

Let those users looking for cool new things pick up
the 3.0 release.

Or else you are kicking 'everything we can't' further
down the road, again dismissing all of the activity
of so many of our fellow committers. Stale stuff on
trunk/ now dates to over 4 years ago.

That state of things simply sucks.