With the passing of OpenSSL 1.0.1, is OpenSSL 1.1.0 on our radar for the
next release?

I'm not clear how that merge branch is intended to be used, I'm don't
understand whether we propose to adopt every feature and API change commit
to modules/ssl/* - and why it has been rebased, unless we intend to svn cp
the resulting tree on top of modules/ssl/.

I'm set up to review it against 1.1.0, if I understood how that branch
would be applied.