These modules, they grow up so fast...

For the project, it would be good to drop that "experimental" and
treat HTTP/2 as an integral part of httpd. Not only for political
posturing (which is important), but also for very technical reasons.

Looking at https://w3techs.com/technologies/details/ce-http2/all/all
one can see that HTTP/2 is used by 13% of all sites, which is almost
double from 1 year ago. Firefox telemetry reports HTTP/2.0 now
on 35% of all responses received.

What needs to be done? From what I saw in the last two years, these
are key areas to improve:

  1. separation of semantics and serialisation
  2. connections with >1 requests simultaneously

mod_http need to spin off a mod_http1 with the parts that read
and write headers, handle chunked encoding in requests
and responses. etc.

mpm needs facilities for processing slave connections and assign
its resources to slave/master connections in fair and performant
ways.

As much as I like to work on it, I am certainly not able to do
that by myself. So, yes, I welcome getting rid of experimental.

Cheers,

-Stefan