> On 18 May 2017, at 12:46, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:
>
> Based on feedback from various sessions:
>
>  o A new-kind of "hot standby" in mod_proxy which kicks
>    in whenever a worker moves out of the pool (ie, doesn't
>    wait until all workers are out)... ala a redundant
>    hard drive.
>
>  o Look into AAA and mod_cache; eg: "bolt in at the end"
>
>  o HTTP/2 no longer experimental!
>
>  o balancer-manager more scriptable (move to REST for realz?)
>
>  o When restarting w/ persistent balancer data, warn if
>    config files mtime is newer.
>
>  o Warn if the trailing '/'s don't match in ProxyPass/Reverse
>    directives (eg: ProxyPass /foo http://www.example.com/foo/ )
>
> All I can recall at present...

  o Investigate mod_cache performance when bypassing cache (e.g.
    `Cache-Control: no-cache'). In benchmark testing for my
    talk,

      (1) no mod_cache
      vs.
      (2) cached responses
      vs.
      (3) cache enabled but requests specify `Cache-Control: no-cache'

    showed that (3) was significantly slower than (1). I would expect
    that no-cache would short-circuit/bypass mod_cache and have
    results similar to (1), but there is *something* going on in
    there. I have not investigated the code...just noted the results.