On 08/04/2017 04:38 AM, Luca Toscano wrote:
I agree that mod_macro is flexible enough to improve the reusability of httpd's configuration, but I don't think that the goals that Stefan has in mind are satisfiable with your proposed solution.

If we find ourselves doing more of this syntactic sugar stuff -- grouping related directives into meta-directives -- I think it'd be nice to extend mod_macro to the point that we can build those meta-directives using its functionality directly, and then fold that into core.

For now, though, I'm ++1 to Stefan's concept. We can see how much extra/duplicate code there is and try to refactor it up as we go.

--Jacob