> On 11 Apr 2018, at 08:28, Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 2:11 PM,  <jhri...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: jhriggs
>> Date: Wed Apr 11 12:11:05 2018
>> New Revision: 1828890

>> Log:
>> mod_proxy_balancer: Add hot spare member type and corresponding flag (R).
>> Hot spare members are
>> used as drop-in replacements for unusable workers in the same load balancer
>> set. This differs
>> from hot standbys which are only used when all workers in a set are
>> unusable. PR 61140.
>
> Nice ap_proxy_balancer_get_best_worker() simplification Jim.
>
> Maybe it could have been a separate commit than the spare members
> addition though, not mixing refactoring and features.
> Staging helps review IHMO.

Thanks for the feedback, Yann!

I never really viewed ap_proxy_balancer_get_best_worker() as a refactor
separate from the hot spare change that required it, though I suppose it
definitely could have stood alone. It did remove a lot of duplicate code.
Basically, that commit is just an existing patch that has been out there
floating around since ACNA last year that I just updated to the current
codebase. In the dev@ thread at the time, we never discussed splitting them
either.

Regardless, I'm glad to have the hot spare functionality that several of us
have always thought was missing, and I'm glad I didn't appear to b0rk the
entire repo in the process.

Thanks for taking it easy on the new guy. ;-)

- Jim