On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 6:36 AM, Daniel Ruggeri <drugg...@primary.net> wrote:

> One more thing to point out that I didn't explicitly say in the previous
> message is that this suggestion implies the release branch regularly gets cut
> from trunk (rather than growing and diverging on its own). This helps avoid
> "locking" features in trunk indefinitely because of the time between Maj.Min
> bumps.

+1... the new development branch has the greatest activity level. Any patch
branch is picked from that current activity.

Any major rev refactoring should be proven up in a sandbox first. If it can
be automated (e.g. function renames or mass function updates as we had
for APLOGNO()), all the better to test and re-test against trunk.