On 2/14/24 11:06, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

On 2/14/24 10:53 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
Hi,

Are there any rules to use changes-entries or write directly in CHANGES?

IMHO change-entries is preferred. See
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/README.CHANGES?view=markup

I just noticed that we probably need a better cleanup mechanism for
change-entries in trunk as I guess that
we do not want to add backported changes to the trunk CHANGES file. But this
problem has been there in the past
as well that direct edits to CHANGES in trunk were not properly reverted once
this change was backported.
But the usage of change-entries should ease this process.

OK thanks...

So for 2.4.x on my accepted back port I have don't need changes-entries and I have to process CHANGES by hands as I missed creating a changes-entries file in trunk.

Regards

RĂ¼diger

--
Cheers