> Will apreq 2.18 still be released?

I think we should, but we need someone to do the release work and 3
active PMC members to approve it.  Prior to the recent activity, the
subproject was essentially unchanged and unreleased for 10 years (with
1 failed release due to lack of votes)

I would like to understand if libapreq remains viable as a project
managed by the httpd PMC. We had this conversation last year on the
private list and the next step is to bring it here.

It is possible the next release comes with an end-of-life date in the
future. If this codebase has a community elsewhere, they should join
us or take it over.If there is anyone out there who wants to get more
involved, please speak up.

I count myself as a release vote of last resort only, but i don't
think we should be committing to future fixes/releases if nearly
everyone is in this category.

--
Eric Covener
cove...@gmail.com