Hi David,

Personally, I think that there are going to be more volatile and
less volatile paths in a content repository based on many
different characteristics of the application(s) running on the
repository. Generally SNS paths are less stable
because they are not only impacted by "moves" of the node
or an ancestor node but also by removals or additional of
sibling nodes.

I agree with you that, if one requires a stable identification of a node
a path to an SNS node is a poor nodetype design that I would
certainly not recommend. Alternatively I would recommend
to use a referencable node or stay away from SNS.

Personally, I would even go further and state that SNS should
be used in exceptional cases only and with great caution, in
general.

I will gladly forward this post to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
for discussion in the Expert Group, and would encourage
anyone to post specification enhancement to the above address.

regards,
david