Hi,

On Feb 28, 2012, at 3:54 PM, Marcel Reutegger wrote:

I'd solve this differently. Saves are always performed on one partition,
even if some of the change set actually goes beyond a given partition.
this is however assuming that our implementation supports dynamic
partitioning and redistribution (e.g. when a new cluster node is added
to the federation). in this case the excessive part of the change set
would eventually be migrated to the correct cluster node.

I'd like to better understand your approach: if we have, say, Partitions P and Q, containing subtrees /p and /q, respectively, then a save that spans elements in both /p and /q might be saved in P first, and later migrated to Q? What happens if this later migration leads to a conflict?

Regards
Dominique

regards
marcel